Sunday, July 19, 2009

Our little nursery boy!

The much anticipated day of handing Myer over to the nursery came today! I think it was more of a relief for Wayne since he is the one that had to deal with Myer during the 2 hours after Sacrament meeting. He's been anxiously awaiting this day. In preparation he decided to take Myer the last two Sundays and sit with him in there. Myer was kinda hesitant during those visits, didn't participate a whole lot, and stuck kinda close to dad.


Well, today he was officially 18 months, and dad was not going to mess around! He was in to drop him off and he wasn't going to hang around like a mother would worrying how he was going to do his first time being left. I think it might be helpful that I wasn't involved in this whole process and Myer isn't use to even being around me during that time so maybe it is a bit easier to break away from dad then the old softy mom.

I was walking behind them when Wayne walked into the nursery room with Myer today. Myer walked in just fine, paused for a second like "wait a sec, do I really want to be in here?" then continued walking. That was the last I saw. I peeked in later and saw him happily playing (phew, such a relief!). He stayed the whole time and the ladies said he did just fine. The first bit he wanted to sit with someone but after awhile he was fine by himself and played.


The little stink! He's developed quite the personality here lately!

Posing some more. Kenner would not put his hands down but I liked the shot of Myer.
These two are quite the characters. They play really well together sometimes and I love seeing them chasing each other around giggling. But lately they are also starting to fight over stuff more. Oh they joys that await us with that I am sure!

Can't leave this little guy out!

So we are a bit excited at how well Myer has taken to nursery so far, knock on wood! Hopefully it will continue. It definitely was a whole different story with Kenner and not one we want to repeat! Wayne is happy to be able to attend his regular classes now and enjoy them!

5 comments:

Court and Jill said...

Isn't nursery heavenly? I mean really...it is. So glad he went without a fuss. I'm honestly stunned that he is already 18 months old though...that went fast!

Ju Ju said...

Did I tell you I am a nursery leader now? I am glad Myer did so well! That makes any nursery teacher smile.

Andrea :) said...

What a great accomplishment! It took us forever to get our little girl in there. Glad to hear he is doing so well! :)

Amy said...

That is awesome. What a relief!! I'm so glad Nursery is working out for your fam. Lilia is now attending her 3rd Nursery in her short little life. UGH.

Ashley said...

That is wonderful that Myer is doing so well.I can't believe he is old enough for nursery,

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed