So I got feeling a bit crafty today which is strange for me because I really am just not a crafty person. That is not something that comes natural to me and even the simplest of crafts I somehow complicate.
We put our tree up on Monday for FHE. We got as far as getting the tree up, the lights on, and the Angel on top. Yesterday I didn't add the rest of the decorations and was gone that evening. So, today I decided the tree needed fixed up. I got out the decorations and had fun decorating the tree. I just love Christmas trees all decorated pretty and the lights glowing. It just makes me happy!
I guess getting the tree all fixed up started this crafty mood. I have this half wall between my kitchen and family room so I like to put stuff up on it and was wanting something Christmasy to go on it. Well, in my box of Christmas stuff I had this craft that I started, oh well, I guess it was like 3 years ago when we were in Rexburg. Yes, you heard me right, 3 years ago. Does anyone else have unfinished projects that sit around that long?
Well, I did, until today! I had these three little tree things that we made at a Relief Society function. They were cute little trees and I was excited to make them when they had the sign-ups out these many years ago. They didn't look too complicated and really aren't but you know me, I complicate everything. I remember the night of the craft I got the blocks painted and started to tie the branches on which were pieces of torn material. It was taking me forever to get the things tied on that night because it just didn't "look right" to me and and everyone else had theirs looking oh so perfect. So, I think I got frustrated and had a hungry baby at home so I left the craft night with my unfinished project. It seems I attempted to finish it at some point over the last three years but never did. That is why it is not good for me to leave an event until my craft is 100% done because it just won't get done. . . . for three or so years!
So today I finished my trees. I got all the material tied on, hot glued the stars on top and some buttons down the center. Then I got a bit creative and made a bit of a button design on the block to spruce it up a bit. Go me!! :) Here they are.


While I was at it I decided to get the Santa bowl craft out that I started last year at another RS function and finish hot gluing it together. That was only from last year so that wasn't too bad, right?


So, those are my crafts. It feels good to have them actually finished and I like having a place to put them here in my house. Wayne is going to be AMAZED when he comes home to find them actually done. I can't wait!! I am currently up on my crafting!
A friend had a cute post on her blog of some little trees she made with little red and green mints that maybe I'll attempt to make while I'm in this crafty mood. That is if I make it to the craft store. So, we'll see!

10 comments:
Hey Crafty Lady! Nice job! Isn't it so fun to have a house to decorate for the holidays? Hope you get around to the mint trees-you'll love those too!
Don't feel too bad about not being able to finish projects...I have a quilo (quilt that turns into a pillow) that i started about 10 years ago...still haven't finished it...-shrug- someday...
Erin, I LOVE those trees made of fabric. So cute! I might have to make some of those next year if I remember.
Good job Erin, those turned out cute. I have sooo many craft projects I have started and not finished.
Good for you for finishing those! They're so cute! I have countless unfinished projects as well.
You are on a roll!! Those trees are soooo cute!
Those are darling! Your are very crafty! I saw your mom the other night and she told me you had some new posts so I had to come take a look!
For sure, with your present track record, your peppermint tree will just be a half finished puddle of mold waiting years for a chance to startle an unsuspecting box opener.
We will follow up in a decade or so, for a good laugh.
Merry Christmas.
I love those trees!
Very cute Erin! I am the same way with sewing and crocheting. I can't tell you how many quilts I have started and not finished! I am glad you got them done!
Post a Comment