We had a nice Thanksgiving here at our own home this year. We had the neighbors over and shared a wonderful meal with TONS of leftovers. After we got done eating I thought it looked like we had hardly made a dent. Now I have a better idea of how much food we may need for future Thanksgiving dinners depending on how many are eating. But the food was good and made for great leftovers. And it was fun to share the holiday (and the cooking! :), thanks Michelle) with some friends and get to visit a bit as well.
This was actually my first time cooking a real big turkey. And I have to say getting the thing ready was kinda disgusting to me. It was a little too close and personal for me. I was glad to have that part over with and get that thing tucked away into the oven. It sure looked alot better after cooking a bit and browning up! Since it was my first time I of course had to get some pics of the event.

Ok so this is how I really felt, well kinda. I was trying to pull a face of disgust but this maybe looks more like I'm mad. Wayne was taking too long to snap the picture so it was hard to hold the disgusting look face!




Myer had a rough Thanksgiving. He's been teething and also got a big canker on his tongue which made him not want to take a bottle for about 4 days. He'd take his morning bottle but the rest of the day he'd get pretty upset if I tried to give him one. It was a rough week and thankfully on Friday he started taking his bottles regularly. Now he has a cold, poor guy. Here he is in a happier moment. . . . eating a car.

Wayne likes to get into the after Thanksgiving shopping. He went and purchased an ad that morning and looked it over. It wasn't until later that night I was able to look through the ads and we were able to make our "game plan". Well, unfortunately with only one real team member that can go at a time it basically leaves Wayne to fend for himself.
He almost camped out at Best Buy that night. He was in it for a Blue Ray Disc Drive to go in the computer. Best Buy does this thing where they'll go through the line a few hours beforehand and give a ticket to each person for what they want. Once the tickets are gone that is it and if you don't have a ticket, sorry! With this in mind Wayne quickly changed his game plan and decided he wanted to camp out. He got out there around 10:30 or so to find to his surprise a line already going around the building! What a joke. He soon realized that the drive wasn't that important and he'd rather be at home in bed with his honey then camped out all night. He'd just get up early and go around 6:00 and if it was still there, great, if not, well I'm sure he'd find another way to get one!
Well it ended up being a better choice to come home and get a goods night sleep in a warm bed. He got up around 6:00 and went to find plenty of drives. And he was able to find the other items he needed still there and make it over to Target to get the last hot wheels track we wanted for Kenner.
Later that day, we came very close to purchasing a couch, but didn't. And I discovered that Kohl's is my new favorite store. I went a bit crazy there and found some fun toys for Myer. We were having a hard time finding anything we really liked for him. Maybe I just hadn't looked good enough at other stores but Kohl's seemed to have some different things I hadn't seen before. So, I just had a grand ol' time there buying stuff and having it ALL be on sale. I love sales! So, all in all it was a great holiday. Now back to work and the regular everyday activities, sigh!


8 comments:
Good for you for making that turkey! I gagged as my mother-in-law stuffed ours and talked about seeing it's spine and ribs!! Nasty! Poor Meyer for not feeling good! That's really sad. And, I'm a huge fan of Khol's as well.
i make brandon pull out the nastiness inside the turkey. this year, he pulled out what he thought was the neck, but when we carved it the neck was still inside. it was disgusting. and there's no way i stuff the inside. i don't want to put my hand in there anymore than i have to!
are you guys going to utah for christmas?
I volunteered to have Thanksgiving at my house on one condition-that I would not have to make the turkey. In fact, the girl that made it didn't even eat the turkey because she was gagging all morning making it.
It sounds like your Black Friday turned out great too. I had a major game plan and time schedule. I think I executed it perfectly. I think that's the one day of the year when I go completely crazy and buy anything and everything. There's no better feeling:) After all these years Mike has finally learned to just let me be and shop my head off.
Way to make a turkey yourself! I have yet to conquer that landmark of wifery. It looks like it turned out great!
Happy Holidays you guys! Glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving.
Great job on your Thanksgiving feast. It looks delicious! I'm happy that Lance wants to do the Turkey. I can't stand the guts. Glad Wayne didn't have to sleep outside. I'm not sure anything is worth doing that!
Erin was too modest to say that the turkey was delicious! Moist and flavorful...impressive for the first time! Ha I hadn't heard about Wayne's Best Buy adventures. I can't believe there was a line at 10:30! Crazy folks. Looking at all of that Thanksgiving food again made me hungry...I'm going to raid the kitchen now...
What a great job you seem to have done hosting Thanksgiving! Looks yummy! Don't you just love black friday?
Post a Comment