Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Carseat Recommendations

I'm just looking for some recommendations on a good carseat from everyone! I need to get Myer into a new carseat. I think he's reached the weight limit on his infant car seat so I need to get him into something different. We got Kenner a new carseat in the summer and I'm not sure I want another like it. It can be a pain to put him in if you don't lift him in and make sure he gets up over the belt flap thing then it gets stuck under him and it's a pain to fish it out.

So, I'm just wondering what you all might suggest as a carseat you've really enjoyed or are enjoying for your kids? The one I have for Kenner goes up to 65 lbs so I kinda like the fact that it can convert through the different stages. So, if you have any ideas on a good one like that or whatever, I'd love to hear your opinions in helping me to shop for a new carseat.

And I guess while I'm at it, another totally random thing. What do you all like to use to mop your floors with, as far as cleaners go? Whenever I go the store I'm usually very overwhelmed by the different products they offer so it'd just be nice to hear what you use and enjoy. Maybe it'll reinspire me in my floor mopping. That is one job I really don't like to do.

Thanks for your help!

7 comments:

Mortensen Family said...

I use a Clorox ready mop and love it. As far as car seat we have this one for Natalie and love it. It has tons of different functions which I like so we don't have to buy some many.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2627246

I hope that helps.

{ Lana Cox } said...

I have a clorox ready mop and like it, and my mom has the swiffer one and I like it even more, but it may cost a little more, i don't know for sure. It's nice to be able to change out the pad with every mop. It makes it feel a lot cleaner. And it's nice because you don't have to fill up a bucket of water. As far as carseats go I don't have any advice. I haven't been to thrilled with any of ours. My best suggestion would be going to babysrus and trying them out with your son.

Michelle said...

Erin! I was totally about to post about a new carseat too!! We've really liked our Graco ComfortSport. Easy to use, cleans easily, and just all around a good carseat. We got it for Abby but she's about to grow out of it now and Evelyn needs it, so we're looking to buy a bigger one for her. So I guess the carseat I'm going to ask about isn't exactly the same!

Elyse said...

I also use the Clorox ready mop. They keep breaking on me though-probably because I use it too much:) Looks like your vacation was nice-who did you get to see? Wish I would've made it up to B.C. to see everyone. Maybe next year.

Amy said...

Lilia has a Britax Boulevard carseat with 'true side-impact' protection. I too have the problem of having to fish out the buckle but I figure if I get her in right, then she won't be sitting on the buckle. Britax are probably the most spendy on the market but they have a really safe reputation. That's why I went with it, because it seemed the safest, granted all carseats are safe.

I got a pretty sweet deal on it at www.tinyride.com I don't think they are having a sale now but they come around every so often. Good luck, just make sure you read all the reviews and go with feels right to you.

As for floors, we have hard wood so I usually just do water and bleach. I don't know if that is the best, but I too am lost at floor cleaners!

Daniel & Jocelyn said...

Hey Erin! I love the Britax Marathon I got on Craigslist for like $50. High quality, versatile, and will last a long time. I just use pinesol on my linoleum tiles. I use a sponge mop and clean it out pretty good after each use. It's lasted the two years since Daniel and I got married and has a scrub brush on it to get the stuff that sticks to the floor.

The Thatchers said...

Hey!! I use the swiffer sweeper...don't know if I love it, I feel like my floor is still dirty when I am done. Hmm, weird. I got Brynlee the Britax carseat and I love it!! It seems way more comfy than Keaton's. In fact, they called it the Rolls Royce of car seats!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed