Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's about stinkin' time!

So we have been waiting and waiting and waiting for Myer to crawl. Yes, you heard me right crawl. The boy has been taking his sweet little time. I think when your child is taking awhile to develop these milestones that you see so many other kids already doing that are their age or younger it takes a hit on your "parent pride". That is the best why I can think to describe it. Maybe that is silly but maybe some of you know what I'm talking about.

Anyways, over Christmas break he made much improvement and was oh so close but not quite there. He'd move forward as far has his arms would go but once his bottom half caught up he would plop his bottom half down. He has somehow manged for the last bit to kinda get around by rolling. He finally started pushing himself up into a sitting position by himself over the Christmas break and that made him even more mobile in his own way of maneuvering around. The last few weeks he has seemed to get in places that I was surprised he had managed to get to. And he's now started pulling himself up to stuff and moving his feet a little while standing there. So, he is progressing slowly but surely.

I'm glad he has finally at least figured out this crawling before his first birthday rolls around, next week!

So, without further ado here is the boy in action. I mostly wanted his grandparents to see that he's finally done it! Oh, but one more thing! The other night he had started doing this funny scoot type army crawl. I wanted to get it on tape but couldn't find a blank spot of tape. So, I got more tapes for the camera yesterday and we started to record him today and he was crawling a perfect crawl. I was amazed. You'll see it here at the start. Then I was kinda sad that maybe I'd missed the chance to get the funny crawl he was doing the day before. Well, the 2nd half of the tape when I brought out the Wii remote for motivation it's like in his determination to get to it he forgot his real crawl and reverted to old habits. So, I was happy to catch the funny scoot crawl.





He is now causing his brother some grief because he's going after his stuff and pulling his race track down, etc. Kenner will whine to me, "Myer scoot back." It's kinda funny but I'm sure after a bit of hearing Kenner whine about Myer ruining his stuff it might get a bit old. Luckily he hasn't resorted to hurting him to get him out of the way . . . .yet.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like he might almost skip the crawling phase and start walking soon! That was a funny crawl though. He's going fast too!

Melissa Hartman said...

He is so cute!!!!

Amy said...

OH yes, I understand the parent pride. I think that is a good way to describe it. Congrats on Myer's crawling and happy birtday!

Daniel & Jocelyn said...

Go Myer!! He's getting so big Erin. We'll have to get together one of these days for a playgroup! I'd love it. Let me know what day of the week is good for you.

Elyse said...

Just think of it as a great thing! You didn't have to chase him all over the place-instead you knew where he'd be all the time.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed