We celebrated Kenner's 4th birthday on Wednesday. He had preschool that day so he got to take treats to share with the class and they sang happy birthday to him. He had a pretty good day there and got to talk to Grandma on the webcam for a bit after school.
We celebrated our family full of September birthdays (3 of the 4 of us have a b-day this month, sorry Myer, you are the odd man out!) on Kenner's special day and ate at a family favorite, Olive Garden. Thanks for the birthday money to enjoy a wonderful meal Grandma and Grandpa Hartman! We love that our kids enjoy eating there just as much as we do! After dinner we went bowling and then came home for presents and "cake". I think Kenner had a pretty good day. He sure is growing up!
Enjoying dinner!
Played another pitiful game of bowling but hey we had fun! However, Wayne did not lose this time. I'm sure he was secretly happy about that! :)
This kiddo was pretty much all over the place at the bowling alley, could not keep him still for a second! Little Monster!
Kenner got this box unwrapped and was like, "oh a box!" and was acting excited then moved on to the next gift. We were laughing that he thought the box was his gift and didn't go to open the box to see what was inside, silly boy!
Heck, why not wrap up some candy. Gives him another thing to open and he gets excited just the same!
Enjoying his new hot wheels track! This one is the coolest we have got so far!
Before you see this next pic, let me explain. I have discovered over the past few years that when I make a cake for a birthday, it does not get eaten, except maybe a piece by Wayne and that leaves a whole lot of cake for me. And I certainly don't need to be eating all that no matter how much I would love to. So, I have given up on birthday cakes. Kenner is just sooo picky and weird about the things he will and will not eat sometimes. He also doesn't really like pudding, pie, brownies. . . .most desserts. So, I went with icecream sandwiches this year. He has had them before so I figured it would work out!
He just wouldn't stick around to blow out the candles after we were done singing. Another thing we can't figure out about this kid. His brother on the other hand will just go ahead and burn his finger off. . . . . .
The day after Kenner's b-day we went to the swim playgroup again and enjoyed swimming another time.

4 comments:
I am loving the b-day cake! And the wrapped candy. Both made me smile. Looks likea cool car track. I loved seeing those when I was little.
Oh! Happy Birthday Kenner. I love the cake replacement. You are so smart. The kid doesn't like dessert? What is he nuts? Maybe I am just in love with sweets! :)
That's a GREAT idea for a birthday cake! I might have to use that one. Happy birthday to everyone!
Happy Birthday Kenner! I love the ice cream sandwich on fire!
Post a Comment