I'll warn ya now, big post and lots of pics!
My parents came to visit us last week. They were suppose to get here around 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday but due to a flight delay in Salt Lake they got all messed up. I felt bad for them. Instead of flying from SL to Phoenix and from there to here, they had to go from Phoenix back to Las Vegas and from Las Vegas to here. It added an additional flight to their trip, they arrived about 4 hours later then they were suppose to and their luggage got lost. Fortunately, their luggage finally arrived where it was suppose to and they brought it out to us at 2 in the morning. Goodness. So, that set us off for a bit but was soon forgotten.
They stayed from Wednesday night until Monday afternoon. We had a good time visiting and finding some new things to do with them.
We have zoo passes this year so we took them to see the zoo. Before going in we went over and took the little train ride around the park.


Kenner didn't want to get up and ride with Grandpa for a bit. When we finally convinced him to try it he realized it was all sorts of fun and became the driver of the cart from then on out. Much to our surprise Grandpa let him take control quite a bit. He was a CRAZY driver and all over the place. He loved it!


These hippos are usually lazy in the water. But this day we got to see them get up and out to get some food. I don't know why but I just love seeing the hippos!

I think my parents experienced a few different types of weather while they were here. A little hot and humid (the day we went to the zoo) cold and rainy, and a nice pleasant day with perfect weather.
My mom and I got some good hours of shopping in on Friday while Myer napped and Kenner sat with Grandpa. We actually ended up going back to the store 3 times total to get a better deal on the next day sale and make some exchanges. Little did we know we would pick a day with a big sale going on to shop, awesome!
On Saturday we drove out to see some of the Missions here. When we saw them Wayne and I were like, "We've been here for 3 years and we haven't seen these yet? What took us so long?" They were pretty neat to see and it was a wonderful day to be out walking around.
This one was beatiful and so much to see. We were too late to see the video they had in the visitors center. We could definately make a trip back to this one.
Here you can see the entrance that we walked in through. This wall encircled the whole area.



We tried to get some pics before my parents left but someone wasn't too cooperative and it was hard to get a good shot.




2 comments:
What a fun trip. I'm so glad your parents went to see you! I think that is the funnest thing. Cool missions too!
Oh you look so happy in all the pictures. What a fun time. Those mission pictures are pretty cool too. The Mission pictures look like they were professional. Very nice. It looks like you picked a perfect day for going to the zoo. Cool scooter! I bet Kenner will never forget that!
Post a Comment