This year we stayed here and had a nice little Thanksgiving with our little family. Nothing too big or stressful. Except the part when I realized I may have left a bag of "stuff" in the turkey. I pulled out two bags when I was rinsing it off and thought hmmm it seems I pulled out three last year but couldn't seem to find it.
After getting the turkey cleaned and buttered and salted up I threw it in its bag and into the oven. I then looked over the turkey cooking instructions that were included which I read a million times over last year, it being my first time doing a turkey. This year I must've thought I was pro or something because I didn't look at it much until after the fact. That is when I read about removing 'three' bags. "Ah man, I only got two are there really three?" So, after calling to consult with my mother who was busy cooking in her own kitchen we decided I should get back into my turkey and search the neck cavity a bit better. Luckily the turkey had only been in about 20 minutes or so and sure enough hiding up in there was another bag. Ick, glad I got it out. Anyways, that was the only stress I think of the meal for me! Here are a few pics we took as we were getting ready to eat our dinner.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
Monday, November 30, 2009
Thanksgiving '09
Posted by Erin at 12:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Haha! Glad you found it. At least you know how to cook a turkey! Lance always does it, so I've never even tried. This Thanksgiving was great, everyone came to my house and I didn't cook anything!!
I left a bag in mine too! I didn't realize it until I was carving the turkey. That's funny you saw me there at the park. Hopefully it wasn't when I was awnry and getting after my kids, lol. We like that park. I'll send you an email about the photoshop things you asked about.
Eww! Why do they even put that stuff in there? I know my mom uses it for gravy, but I still think that is yucky!
Very nice little celebration, friends. What else did you cook? Potatoes I think? This post made me hungry. I did that once too, that is, leave the bag in the cavity. In fact, I cooked the entire bird the entire cook time with the bag inside. It still came out fine with no melted plastic inside. I wonder how that happened? And you are excellent at propping up your camera for photos! That's a great shot you got at the table. Anytime we are home and you want to take a family group shot, call me up and I'll take it for you!! Maybe you want some in front of your tree??
You need a new post, I call. Wait, look who is talking.
I am very impressed that you cooked your own turkey! I think you have to have at least one oops to make it a good holiday :)
Post a Comment