I finally mustered up the desire to go through all the pictures I took over Christmas and try and get them posted. There are alot of pictures, I always have to post lots of pictures, sorry. But for your viewing pleasure, here was our Christmas this year!
Kenner was a big help this year decorating the tree.
Because we are usually in Utah on Christmas Eve/Day we do our own family Christmas at home a week or so early before we leave. The Monday night before we were to leave to Utah we had our Christmas. The boys were excited!
Had to throw this one in as well because the facial expressions say alot about these two boys, especially Myer! He is trouble I tell ya!
Once Myer opened his first gift, which was a set of hotwheels cars, he really wanted them out of the package so he could play with them. He kept bringing them to me to open. Wayne didn't want me to because he knew he'd want to do nothing else but play with those. I finally gave in to his sweet requests and opened them and of course Myer wasn't interested anymore in his other gifts. We had to take them away and I had to start opening his other gifts to get his attention so he could see there were other exciting things to open!
Kenner got some new books, Diego movies, church clothes and shoes, and his new bike which was out in the garage when I took this pic.
Myer got some books and movies as well and two car sets (and more cars) to drive his many cars around on. He REALLY loves cars!
We headed to Utah on the 16th. The boys did pretty well on the flights. Kenner had caught a bit of a cold a few days before we left and I don't think was feeling too hot the day we traveled. I felt bad for him.
Kenner's cough continued to get worse and Myer started coughing the night we got to Utah. We decided to stay in Bountiful that night and head to Brigham the next morning. We had a rough night and decided to take the boys into the Dr. the next morning to get things checked out. Grandma was nice to stay up with us from early in the morning and help us at the Dr. Myer was quite the handful at that visit.
We got the boys some medicine and headed to Brigham that afternoon (Thursday) to go to Grandma and Grandpa Lowder's house. It took a day or so to get the boys feeling better, then they got a bit more lively.
On Saturday two of my brother's and their wives came over and we went to see the movie Blindside. My parents were nice enough to stay behind and watch the kids for us. I guess I pretty much volunteered them for that job. :) I felt bad but someone had to stay with the kids!
After the movie though we ALL went bowling!
After the movie though we ALL went bowling!
Sunday morning we headed back to Bountiful.
Myer also warmed up to Grandpa Hartman. He sat and cuddled with him for a bit and looked like he was comfy enough to doze off. This was the morning he was sick when we first got there. He was found on other occasions really trying to converse with Grandpa in his unintelligible tongue.
Myer spent ALOT of his time playing with this big container of cars that Grandma had. He was in HEAVEN. He would mostly move the cars from one cushion to the next. And back and forth and back and forth. He could do this for hours!
We went and checked out the new Boondocks in Farmington. There we did some more bowling. Didn't play as good of a game as we did in Brigham, bummer!
Kenner pushing the balls around and around
Kenner played in the Kiddie Cove while everyone hit the games there. Wayne won a Jackpot and got 1500 tickets. He was pretty proud!
Christmas Eve Morning
Annabelle got this horse but Myer thought it was pretty cool. It made noises and its mouth and tail moved.
We headed back up Christmas Eve afternoon to Brigham for my families get together.
Some of the gang snacking. I'm sure my mom will appreciate me posting this shot of her.
And back again to Bountiful on Christmas Day! That night we went out in the freezing cold to have a firework show with some leftover fireworks Grandpa had. It was pretty cold but the kids loved it for a bit, until they realized their hands were frozen!
Big long sparklers! Kenner was not about to touch this fiery object but Myer is fearless. He grabbed right ahold and was a bit scary walking around with this in hand. He loved it though!
We had a great visit and enjoyed seeing everyone and sharing Christmas with them. We headed back home the day after Christmas. We flew through Austin since the chances of getting back Standby looked best through there. We then rented a car in Austin and drove about an hour to get home.
Trying to entertain the boys at the airport. We got there nice and early, check in was surprisingly quite easy and then we find out our flight was delayed 2 hours. Not so fun when you have kids to keep entertained.
On the plane
Luckily there were two seats open next to me. So, Wayne moved back from where he was sitting and I didn't have to hold Myer the entire flight. It was nice. This is the last time he flies free, booh!
Wow, are you still with me? I told you there were lots of pics. I just have to tell/show it all! This has taken me forever to get organized and the fact that I uploaded the pics in the wrong order didn't help.
Last thing to share is Kenner enjoying the "Mambo Combo" he got from G & G Hartman for Christmas!


6 comments:
I stayed with ya!! Loved the post. It seems like I haven't seen a picture of Meyer in so long that I was completely shocked to see how grown up he looks. I was cracking up at all the cars...cars...and more cars! That's what our house is like except for princesses!
I stayed with ya too :) Even though I was actually there for some of it. Yet, you even had pictures of Annabelle in there that I wasn't there for so I enjoyed that too. Always good to see you guys and get the update :)
Thanks for the post! It was fun to see what you were up to for Christmas. Wow, you did a lot of back and forth between houses. Maybe it is better that way. Glad you had a good time.
I would've though you would have gotten this up sooner ;). Loved them all! It's fun to see what's going on with you guys see we don't get to see you very much. :)
Holy picture post! Nothing tells a story better than pics-loved it! Glad you got to go home for Christmas-looks like you were quite busy!
Myer is SO cute with all his cars! He can't get enough! What an awesome toy for Kenner! Takes up the whole living room! You look so pretty in the pictures on Christmas Eve. Looks like it was an eventful trip. My kids got sick around Christmas, too with cough. Very interesting! What did the Doctor say? Trips are hard enough with little ones, and then with sickness, it's no fun! The snow is beautiful. I miss it!
Post a Comment