Friday, September 3, 2010

Kenner is 5!!

We celebrated Kenner's 5th birthday yesterday! Can you believe it, 5?! I think he had a pretty good day. It started off great with his mom coming to sing Happy Birthday to him to wake him up! No better way to wake up then that I am sure!

I got up bright and early to pop popcorn for his preschool treat and make a nice fresh batch of waffles and some eggs for a good birthday breakfast before school.

Then it was off to school. They had chapel at preshcool this day and were going to be recognizing all the kids with birthdays. So, Myer and I stuck around for that. I forgot to grab my camera. The teachers at school took pics so I should see if I can get a digital copy. Anyways, all the kids went up front with their birthday crowns on and the parents came up and stood with them as they all got recognized and we counted to whatever age they were turning and then we sang! Kenner kept trying to claim he was still 4!

After school he got to do his favorite thing, play MarioKart wii, and I didn't make him do any work to play since it was his birthday after all! He got a call from Grandma Hartman and when dad got home we headed to Olive Garden for dinner. So nice that our kids enjoy that place as much as we do!


Dinner tasted great and we even got some people to come sing Happy Birthday to Kenner. Here he is being sung to. He was grinning and I think felt pretty special!

Once we got home it was time for presents!







This year we got him some Legos to start out his collection and hopefully a new hobby! Grandma/pa Hartman also sent a lego set that built a cool helicopter and truck! Dad was just as or even more excited then Kenner! He's also been into writing/drawing so he got a little art creativity desk and I got him a blank notebook and folder for work and something to put it in.

He also got some bday money from Great Grandma/pa Hartman and Grandma/pa Lowder! He's excited to go shopping!


First item of business after opening gifts, putting together the helicopter!



Cute Birthday Boy! Getting so big! Famous icecream sandwich cake for us! I guess I'm lucky my family doesn't like cake much. These make everyone happy!




Happy Birthday Kenner, we love you!

2 comments:

Troy and Emily said...

What a great birthday! Crazy how fast they grow up. Before you know it you'll have another one running around! Good luck!

Ju Ju said...

Happy Birthday Kenner! I think you should have posted your birthday too...and your hubbies. You guys must have a big party all month.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed