Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween

Halloween came and went pretty fast this year it seemed. Kenner's school didn't have any type of Halloween party and with the holiday being on Sunday, we only really did something on Saturday for the ward trunk or treat. The kids were dressed up for probably less then two hours. It just didn't seem like enough. But they got what they wanted so they didn't seem to care!

Feeling like things weren't festive enough, Saturday afternoon I sent Wayne and Kenner off to pick out a pumpkin. Kenner kept asking to put "fire" in a pumpkin.

Wayne wasn't going to get a pumpkin if it was going to be a repeat of two years ago.
So, he made Kenner promise he would help clean out the pumpkin if they went and got one. This year things went alot better to my surprise. He actually did it.

Ewww, that looks kinda gross!

Digging in.
He had a disgusted look on his face most of the time he was digging stuff out, but he did it!






Then we got Dad to carve a face.
I couldn't let all those pumpkin seeds go to waste. So, I ended up baking them. Yum, I love roasted pumpkin seeds.

We waited a little too late in the afternoon to do this activity so Myer was napping for the fun. But I can only imagine he would've been like Kenner two years ago.

Later that evening we had the ward trunk or treat. Even though I have a dorky look on my face this picture turned out the best showing everyone looking so I guess I'll just have to ignore that fact!
Finishing their root beer floats.

Kenner was indeed Mario last year as well. But when I took him shopping for costumes he picked out the Luigi costume. I said, "sorry I'm not going to buy the exact same costume in a different color so if you want to wear that you can just be Mario again!" He was fine with that!

Watching the games.

Gotta get a picture before we hit the trunks!


And that's that. We were at the party for just about an hour and home again. It just didn't last long enough for me. So, had to get a picture with the pumpkin. Only we had an unhappy Myer whose pumpkin of candy had been taken inside to be inspected by daddy.
We have a common theme developing with this kid each year.

2008

Ok, well I thought I had a crying picture from 2009 but they were mostly happy shots so maybe it isn't a common theme. It skips a year!


But this kid is happy and a little poser! Makes me smile!



Enjoying some treats!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

3 comments:

Michelle G. said...

Bahaha hilarious pictures! Love the disgusted baby Kenner face. That one made me laugh out loud. And then Myer's crying faces...hahaha silly kids! Myer looked SO cute in his Woody costume. Fun times.

Ju Ju said...

It looks like you guys had a fun Halloween! I am proud of you for being out and about what that new baby.

Aiden and Josh said...

This was a cute post miss Erin! Your boys are cute and make me giggle!! I love the first picture...it's almost like he's gagging! ha ha! love it!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed