Getting couches in our front room really set the ball rolling for us to get in a decorating mood. We got some paint picked out and painted a tan color on most of the walls the beginning of April. Wayne had this grand idea of painting one wall this burgandy type color. I wasn't so sure about the idea but he was pretty insistent that this is what we would do. So, I finally let him go at it.
We finally have the room painted and I think it came together nicely. It is amazing what some paint can do to change the feel of a room. Now the rest of the house seems kinda boring. After finishing up the painting we found a nice long mirror to go on the dark burgandy wall in the entry. Then we found a cute little bench to go under the mirror and provide a place to sit and put your shoes on at the door. And it is a great little storage area for the shoes under the bench so they aren't all piled at the door. We also found a wall clock, our tables finally got delivered, and we got Wayne a chair for his desk so we could return the 4th chair to our table and quit moving it back and forth for meals since we moved Myer to the table to a booster. Whoa, that was a mouthful!
So, the room has gotten pretty full. It isn't too big of a room, so hopefully we haven't put too much in there but it feels cozy and nice and we are happy with our decorating thus far.
We attempted to move on to the kitchen and got a green color to try. Whoa, it wasn't the right shade so we are still trying to decide what color is going to work in there.
But, here are a few pics of the room.
This was taken after we got the walls painted brown. The color seems lighter in this pic. It looks different at different times of the day.

4 comments:
Erin, I must say you have done a great job! I think from a designer's point of view, it all came together and there was no need for stressing...wink wink! :) It looks great!
I love the paint colors. We had a similiar tannish color on some of our walls in our condo in Utah. I am really missing how much color on the walls adds to a room now that we are living in a lovely white-walled apartment :)
And I just have to say that your boys are adorable. I love the picture of them running towards the camera.
WOw! Great job! That looks really good! I looks like you guys had a great Easter! I hope you are doing good!
Wow, Erin! I really like all the color! Your clock looks great, too! ;)
Post a Comment