I just have a little silly/embarrassing experience I thought I'd share.
Myer had his 15 month check up on Monday. It was a very rainy day. It was great getting all the rain, we need it, but I hate when I have to go out and it is pouring like that.
Maybe to set this story up I must back track a few weeks. I was out driving to go visiting teaching and it was a rainy day that day as well. Well, my windshield wiper all of a sudden comes off and is scraping across my window. I was able to get it back on and thought the clip was maybe broken but it seemed to be fine and I actually kinda forgot about it. Well, I'm driving to this appt. on Monday when all of a sudden the wiper comes off again and is scraping across my window. "Oh great," I think "not again!" Luckily I was almost there so I just had to turn it off and just wipe the window a couple more times to clear it until I got there. When I turned it on to scrape though, it made this terrible screeching noise. I have a permanent scrape across my window now from it. Anyways, I go in to my appt and when I come out, it is POURING really bad now. I was thinking I'd just have to wait it out and be stuck here because my wiper isn't working which I really didn't want to do.
I decided to get out of the car to see if I could fix it, but the little clasp thing had flown away this time. I think I saw it fly off while I was driving. So, I tried to reattach the wiper and went and tried it and it seemed to be staying so I decided to try leaving. It was wiping back and forth pretty good but all of a sudden it came off again. Eek! Luckily I was by some neighborhoods so I pulled off onto the street and into someone's driveway to fix it since the roads were flooding with water. I fixed it again and tried going again and didn't get very far before it happened again. So, I turned at the light and stopped down at this little convenient store. Sitting there I finally decided to go in and see if they sold windshield wipers. The couple was some different nationality and I don't think the lady spoke much English. I asked if they sold windshield wipers and the guy was like "oh yes, back in that corner." So, I walk back there and I'm not seeing them. So, I said, "umm I'm not seeing them." He asked me again what I was looking for and I told him and he's all "oh, I thought you said the restroom, they are over here." So, I walk down a few more aisles as he's guiding me from the counter where to go. I get on that aisle and am still not seeing them. So, he asks again what I was looking for and I tell him and he's like "oh, I thought you wanted window cleaner, no sorry we don't sell those." Bahhhh!!
I decided if I wanted to get home anytime soon I was going to have to pull the wiper off, and stick the thing in the air so I could use the other wiper, which luckily was on my side so I could still see. So, there I went driving down the street and freeway to get home feeling like a total dork, with my one windshield wiper waving in the air with no blade on it! I'm sure it was a funny site to anyone that may have seen and wondered what the heck I was doing but hey I wanted to get home and this was my best solution. I didn't want to stop and drag Myer out in the rain to more places to see if they had wipers and besides that I probably wouldn't have known what one to get or how to put it on. So, I just drove home embarrassed as can be at every stop light I had to stop at and had Wayne go fix it when I got home! What a dork I am.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Hey everyone look at me!
Posted by Erin at 3:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Oh, you poor girl. I hate when things like that happen to me, especially when the kiddos are with me. I'm glad you made it home safe!
Sad!! And what's up with the store owner?? Bathroom? Window cleaner? How funny! P.S. Thanks for the b-day email. You're a sweetie and yes it was my b-day yesterday. Killer memory!
That's funny sorry Erin. I would have been totally embarrassed too. I think I would have been so ticked with that guy too. I mean come on bathroom and wipers are not anywhere close.
It's funny that happened to you because the same thing happened to my sister who live in texas. I guess there is so much rain there the windshield wipers are protesting! ha ha!
Look at you trying to be Mrs. Fix-it! I would have sat in the rain and cried until someone would have come and picked me up. A++ for effort!
Aw that really stinks!! I'm glad you made it home safely though! That's pretty funny though with the guy at the convenient store. It was just one thing after another, huh!? That happened to me one time too, but the bad wiper was on the driver's side. The bad thing was though that it stopped working when it wasn't raining, so I forgot to tell Paul about it. Well, one day when it was pouring, Paul found out the hard way the wiper didn't work anymore! Oops!! ;)
lol, great story, Erin! Seriously, though, I think our wipers get baked in this heat and then don't work when we actually need them!
good to see you haven't changed a bit Erin! Still having car issues...I used to think we were so funny when we'd move that old blue car of yours! haha, good times. PS. Hi!
lol You're awesome Erin. Great story.
Post a Comment