Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Peaceful and sweet!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE sleeping kids, especially mine! Yesterday I was making my "rounds" on the computer. Myer had been playing on the floor and soon found a comfortable spot, rolled to his side, and fell asleep. Kenner was snuggled up beside me while I was on the computer and soon I realized he had dozed off as well. So I slid over and put his head down and he took a nice little nap on the couch.

This doesn't happen very often and was just sweet to me so I got the camera. And amazingly enough they didn't wake up to the camera clicking noises as I snapped pictures. They were out COLD!








I think sleeping kids are so sweet and peaceful. I love to look at my kids sleeping. It makes me remember they are sweet even when they may not act like it during the day sometimes when they are awake.

I have always looked forward to naptime for Kenner every day. But lately I've noticed that when he has a nap then he cannot fall asleep at night very well and he's in his room playing, trying to come out, etc and I hate it. So, I've started thinking that as much as I use to like naps I may just enjoy it better to not have him nap. Then I can get him to bed by 8 or 8:30 and have a few hours in the evening to enjoy in peace and quiet because he'll fall asleep pretty quick. And I don't hear from him anymore until morning instead of it being a carried on bedtime where it seems I have no break.

But it's hard to not have a nap sometimes so like this day he just fell asleep on the couch, doing what you ask? Well, watching Cars of course. He really does love the show and especially Mac and Mater. And guess what, having had that nap on the couch, he didn't fall asleep in his bed until probably close to 11:00 last night. So, I'm not sure I like the napping business as much as I use to. Never thought I'd say that.

11 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like that will be a rough transition, but a good one. I look forward to naptime too, but if Kenner is ready for no naps than an earlier bedtime is a good trade. I hope it goes well. Your boys are so adorable. Little Myer is so sweet and growing up!!

Michelle G. said...

Aww the both of them are sweet. Love the baby sleeping on the floor. He must feel so safe and secure to do that! Oh and it's hilarious what you had in your last post about Kenner showing off his underpants! Bet you'll never forget that one haha.

lbl said...

Those are two precious little boys. It is so sweet to see their sleepy heads. You are a great mom.
Love you, Aunt Louan

Leah said...

I love how Meyer's bottom lip creases into a little "W" while he is sleeping- very cute. Thanks for the comment on our blog; it's nice to hear from you! And looks like you are all doing well too. Take Care.

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

So I am hosting an Usborne party (I've been buying tons of their books so I decided I to just host a party)if you would like to come look for Christmas gifts for your boys let me know and I'll send an invite. Your other "mommy" friends are invited too or family to buy for your boys!

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

Yes, you can look online, even order there. Send me your email and I will send you an email on it :)

Adam and Shala said...

Hi Erin,

I love sleeping kids too, it's almost the only time of peace and quiet in a day...especially for my wife.

Well, I'm trying to get in touch with old friends and classmates. During some fairly recent conversations with old classmates of ours, they all asked me why we didn't have a 5-year reunion. Having been a former class officer, I decided to stop sitting on my hands and ensure we have a 10-year reunion. So, I have been on a mission to invite everyone to facebook and a class reunion website which should make it easier to contact everyone about the reunion. Please come join the fun. If you join facebook, you can even view our senior slide show video online.

It's been fun to catch up with everyone. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Adam Folkman

Troy and Emily said...

Sweet pictures. Naps are wonderful, why don't they want to take them forever and still go to bed at 8? ha ha I laughed at your story about Kenner showing his underwear because Cooper still does that sometimes and he's 5 1/2!

James and Whitney said...

Erin! I am so glad you have a normal blog! I looked at your other one, but I couldn't figure out how to send a message. Your boy's are darling! Send me your e-mail so I can add you to my blog. Wathomas794@hotmail.com

Ju Ju said...

I wish my kids were sleeping too! How sweet they are when they are asleep. I think they are just dreaming of ways to push our buttons though

Emily said...

I am glad you found my blog! You have such a cute family. It is so fun to see your kids They are cute! I must agree that sleeping kids are the best!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed