Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Where Did the Super Stuffer Tacos Go?

When we have tacos for dinner I usually purchase these super stuff taco shells. We've come to enjoy them for they are bigger than the usual taco shell and allow more to be stuffed in them, hence the name.

Well, a few weeks, maybe a month ago, these were one of the items on my shopping list for the coming weeks meals. I went to purchase my super stuffer taco shells and to my dismay I could not see a single box on the shelf. Where in the world were my super stuffer tacos? There is usually a pretty good stock of them and they were now totally gone. Hoping they'd be back next time I came shopping, I forced myself to choose a different box. From the looks of the box I picked I thought they had the potential of being close to the same size. They at least had a wider base and were said to be able to stand by themselves.

The night we had our tacos for dinner I was disappointed to find the shells weren't much bigger and even worse they were stale. There is nothing worse then stale taco shells to ruin your dinner. It is kinda a pain when I buy taco shells because sometimes they are nice and fresh and sometimes they are a bit stale. Even my perfect super stuffer taco shells have been known to not be perfectly fresh but what can you do?

Everytime I go back to the store I look for them and they are still gone. I sure was missing my super stuff taco shells. So, this week I decided to go to another grocery store and see if they could possibly have my super stuffers in stock. And guess what. . . . . they DO NOT! How sad.


So, I guess our favorite taco shells have been discontinued in our neck of the woods.

If anyone has seen these taco shells
where they live, please let me know.
Maybe you could mail me a box or I can stock up on some at Christmas, he he! Or any suggestions on an alternative taco shell is welcome!

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a funny story. I'll keep my eye out!

Leah said...

Solution: SOFT tacos. :)

Erin said...

Sorry Leah, I prefer the crispy crunchy kind otherwise soft tacos would be a great alternative! I was going to mention that when I asked for suggestions but didn't.

Ju Ju said...

Brandon and I laughed our heads off at this post. You are so funny! We will look on e-bay for some of your favorite tacos.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed