A few weekends ago we bought some couches for our front room. We'd been looking around a bit and finally decided on these ones. They were actually the ones we saw around Thanksgiving time when we went out looking. But now they were $200 cheaper, sweet! It is kinda nice to have some actual furniture in there instead of some boxes in the corner! It makes it feel more homey. We got some end tables and a coffee table as well but they won't be ready until the end of April.
So, now that I actually have something in that room, it is time to start decorating! We are going out this weekend to look at paint. I'm kinda leaning towards a tan color for the room? Any other color suggestions? It'll be fun to see the room take shape as we paint and hang some stuff on the walls.So for now this is what it is looking like with just the couches.
Today we had a kinda funny experience happen with the couches that I can't help but mention. When our couches were delivered a few weeks ago I noticed that towards the bottom of the sofa there was a screw sticking out of the fabric. Not good. So, I showed it to the guy and he put it on the form and told me they'd be contacting me in like 10 or so minutes after he called in. He said they would just come and swap out the couch for a new one. Well come the next day I hadn't heard from them so I gave them a call. Instead of getting info of when a new couch would be delivered she was scheduling a time for someone to come out and look at it. Don't you just love how they do that?
So, this Monday the guy came. I wasn't home so Wayne talked to him. It is such a small area but the screw poked through the fabric so he'd have to undo a bunch of fabric and who knows what to fix it and he told Wayne that they'd just send us a new couch and to expect a call in 3-5 days. Well, now it is Friday and we still hadn't heard from anyone (see a pattern) so I was thinking I was going to end up calling them again when a package arrived.
Well, the crazy people sent us a bunch of fabric and one was stitched together like it went over the arm of the sofa. WHAT!! Ok what is this? Are we suppose to fix this ourselves? So, Wayne got them on the phone. The lady said that the guy said he could fix it. Even if he could, why are they sending the fabric to us without any explanation of what this was for? Wayne let her know that the guy told him he couldn't fix it and we'd be getting a new couch. She didn't seem too happy about replacing the whole thing but Wayne let her know what was up and she saw we had the delivery of our tables later next month and asked if it'd be ok to send it then.
Anyways, just weird don't you think? I don't think we'll be buying from them again.


7 comments:
oooh, cute couches! What a bizarre story about the screw. How annoying!
That is a weird story. Ah the trials of buying new stuff. What about a green color on the walls? Was there any green in those pillows on the couch? If so, I would try to match with that, maybe. I'm a chicken myself and have yet to paint anything in my house but it always seems like green looks good on HGTV!
I like the couches. How fun to get new furniture! Crazy people, they sound shady to me. What company was it (so I know not to go with them next time :) )
What!? I didn't hear that part of the couch story. Sending you a bunch of fabric. Cheapskates. I'm glad you got it all worked out and are getting a replacement, even though it was a pain to get them to agree to it. So do you get to keep the fabric? Is it enough to make something with?
Lana, we got the couches at Rooms to Go.
Michelle, I wouldn't even know what to do with the fabric! :) You might be able to come up with something. But I believe the delivery guy will be taking it back with him.
Erin those are really cute! I like them a lot! Thanks for the heads up about Rooms To Go!
Uh that is random. Sure hope you get the new couch!! And I love tan walls...that is what I have in my house...maybe you could do an accent wall too, with a color from your pillows...
Post a Comment