Tuesday, March 10, 2009

We are still here!

So, it really has been a long time since I posted last. Sorry to any of you looking for an update. I know I hate it when people don't update things for months and months and now I am doing the same thing. Shame on me.

I guess I just really haven't had anything interesting to share so I just haven't shared anything at all. So, although this is finally a new post it probably won't be all that interesting.

Life is good, and nothing too exciting is happening. Since Myer's birthday this is about what I can think to tell you that may give you a bit of an update. But again probably just useless information all in the name of getting a new blog post up, sorry!

I started working on a scrapbook for Myer on Shutterfly the end of January. I absolutely love this method of scrapbooking. I think it is now the only way to go. For several weeks this was my big project. I went through and got every picture ever taken of him that I could possibly want to use and put it in a folder on my computer. I then copied all of this onto Shutterfly and had like 600+ pics. YIKES!! I've put together a 12 X 12 album for him with 60 pages in it! After a few weeks of working on it diligently ALL the time I kinda lost my original enthusiasm. But it is pretty much done and I have a 20% off coupon from Shutterfly waiting to be used by like the 16th of this month so I need to wrap it all up and get it sent off to be published. I'm quite excited to have finished a book for Myer and now need to get working on Kenner's book which is now 3 years behind. This is why Shutterfly is the way to go for me; I got a book done for Myer in a few weeks what has taken me and is still taken me years and years to do for Kenner.

Myer is trying very hard to walk. He cruises along the furniture like crazy and is quite speedy. He is finding more and more things to pull up to such as the walls and the kitchen island to allow him to walk further. He's taken a step when I hold my hands out to him but he mostly just dives for my hands with his. He will hold onto our hands and walk as well. So, he's working on it and hopefully will be walking soon. Then it'll make being outside with him a bit easier and harder!

Wayne recently started a new work schedule where he works four 10's and has Monday off. So we are enjoying having that extra day to go out and do things.

We all had the flu about 2 weeks ago. That is the first time I have ever experienced having a sick family like that, it was interesting and not too fun. Myer didn't quite get everything we all had but he did have a bit of a yucky tummy. So, I was glad when that was all over and hopefully it will be awhile before we ever experience that again.

We have eaten at Olive Garden I think once a month so far this year. We went in January, went in February for Valentines's Day, and went last week to celebrate our nice tax refund. Hmmm gotta love Olive Garden. And with our anniversary coming up next month we may be going again. Then we may just have to take a break, I'd hate to get sick of that place.

I LOVE American Idol. I have never really gotten into any show but this one. Last year I watched it and now I am hooked. I just love it and hate waiting from week to week to see more!

So, pretty much life is same old and that is about all I can think to say. Sorry this isn't too interesting or exciting but I just thought I better post something new. And because you just can't do a post without pictures even though these will all be unrelated I will post a few pics. I haven't really taken much in the last bit so again another reason no blog posts. Hopefully life will get more interesting and I"ll have more to blog about soon!




We did make a trip to The Alamo to take Flat Stanley there for Wayne's little brother. We just happened to go on the same day they were doing a reinactment. So, we got alot of pictures of the people all dressed up, and it was kinda fun to see everything they had going on.






Me and Flat Stanley.
There were so many people we just kinda had to snap a picture the best we could unless we wanted to wait for who knows how long for things to clear up. So it was kinda a far away shot.

My messy eater
Ahh, don't put your dirty fingers in your ear!

I thought it was funny how his tongue is hanging out.

Didn't want Kenner to feel left out so we got one of him too. Not as messy as Myer but he still has issues! :)

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I also LOVE Shutterfly!! I just finished a baby book for Ethan. I was feeling horrible that I hadn't done anything for him and he was already 1, so Shutterfly was the answer for me! I would love to see the finished project!

The Thatchers said...

YAY for updates!! Ha ha!! Your little boys are SOO cute!! I love the Alamo...and the River walk?? Is that what it is called?? It seems SOOOO romantic to me!!

Jenn said...

It's so fun to see updates, no matter what they're about. Kudos on the scrap book, I need to get a move on with my kids, I've never even started one. Shoot, I don't even have many prints, everything's in digital format. I should look into shutterfly, except I have all that scrapbook paper that I bought with much enthusiasm and unrealistic expectations.

Elyse said...

Yes! Finally an update! I wondered if you fell off the earth! I just finished Kaden's scrapbook using Scrapblog.com. So easy! I don't know why I wasted my time doing it by hand. What a waste of money and time! So, congrats! Keep up the posts please!

Ju Ju said...

You did a flat Stanley? I love that! I did that with my class while I was student teaching. We got stuff back from all around the world. I think the Alamo is cool too.

Stephanie said...

I meant to talk to you today at church! I do have my book back and yes the colors do seem brighter but not so different that I don't like the book. I hope you like the finished product! You are welcome to look at mine if you want to compare!

Aiden and Josh said...

I know that Flat Stanley Book! How festive! I am now finally caught up! Yeah for me! Thanks for keeping us posted on the happenings!

Michelle G. said...

Can't wait to see your Shutterfly book!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed