Well, I guess some things just can't last forever. Like not having your child who is potty training not have an accident on your carpet. And making it almost a whole week before it actually happened is pretty good, right?
Well, tonight it happened to my utter dismay. I was checking my email, had just gotten done writing one and then started looking at some pictures my dad sent of his hiking trip with my brothers. Kenner was standing right next to me by the couch looking as well. I guess I was a bit distracted and let the time get away from me and should've had him in to go potty before now but I didn't so I guess I paid for it.
So, we were looking at pictures and all of a sudden I heard the sound of rushing waters! How to you describe that sound of pee hitting the carpet? I'm not sure but I can distinctly hear it in my head. For a split second I was like what is that sound then it clicked and I freaked out! AHHH, a nice little puddle on my carpet. I sprung for a towel close by to sop it up and tried my best to clean it up. I had been so good all week long to keep towels and blankets scattered all over and to keep them under him but I had slacked. How was I to know he'd pee right then and there?
So, anyways, that is my sob story. My first real accident on the carpet, well not mine, but Kenner's. I almost made it a week. . . . it was inevitable. Anyone got any good tips on getting the smell out and making sure it doesn't come back to haunt me?
Well after that story I must say Kenner has done pretty good. After Day 3 I think he had one accident that night. He had done so good that day and then ended it with an accident. Then on Day 4 he had 2 accidents at the kitchen table in his chair. Once at lunch then at dinner. He's usually ok if I can get him in there to go every so often. But sometimes I have to struggle and nag to get him in there. And sometimes after going in there and sitting for a bit with nothing happening we get up, then the accidents seem to occur shortly thereafter.
Anyways, I guess I should stop blogging about such a thing. Who wants to read about this anyway? But I do need to first make one more comment then I'll be done for good. No more talking on the blog about potty stuff unless it is really noteworthy.
Kenner did great at church today. We made it home dry!! I had contemplated putting him in a diaper for church because I just didn't want to worry about it. He has a hard enough time staying in nursery sometimes and having me come in and out to check on him about potty I thought would only make it worse. But when I told Wayne this plan he thought I shouldn't do that and made me feel guilty for wanting to put a diaper on him so I didn't. During Sacrament meeting Kenner said he had to go potty so I took him and we found a bathroom. I'm not sure if he really had to go or if after trying to get on the potty scared him from needing to go.
It was a bit awkward trying to sit him on the thing and the fact that I hate public restrooms and am grossed out to touch a single portion of it made it even harder trying to place a kid on it. So, it was a quick trip and I became even more distraught with how I was going to get him to go potty at church on these toilets. We'll have to master the standing up thing I guess here soon to solve problems such as this. So, Kenner went off to nursery not having gone potty.
I had to play piano in primary today so I was a bit tied up doing that and couldn't get out to check on him as easily. So, it was about 25 minutes until church would be done and I hadn't had anyone come find me to tell me there was a problem so I figured that was a good sign but it really had been awhile so I thought I better go check on him. I was happy to find he was dry and had found out from a lady that in the nursery there's a little room off of it that has a little kids toilet and sink. The toilet is low to the ground which was kinda cool and convenient but it still had that awkward shaped seat that made it difficult to position him on. Anyways, he went, just a little bit, and was done. And then luckily when we came out they had the big parachute out and so Kenner quickly got distracted and I was able to sneak out easily without a kid bawling at me for leaving him. So, I was pleased we made it through church without an accident. I had a change of clothes prepared just incase. And hopefully he can continue to stay dry for subsequent Sundays.
Ok, I thought I was done but I just remembered one other funny thing. So, as you know all week my mind has been focused on potty training. We have also been watching alot of the movie Cars. Kenner has never seen that show and it's been out for like 2 years. Not sure why it took me so long but I showed it to him this week and he LOVES it. We have watched it ALOT this week. It's kinda a cute show.
So a few nights ago I had gone to bed and Wayne stayed up later playing games. When he finally came to bed I started talking to him and our conversation went something like this:
Erin: You need to move the parts.
Wayne: What?
Erin: You need to move the parts.
Wayne: What parts?
Erin: The car parts.
Wayne: Which car parts?
Erin: You need to move them so you can go potty.
Wayne starts laughing. .
Wayne: Do you know what you are saying?
Erin: You need to practice, you need to practice going potty.
Ok, so that is to the best that Wayne can remember of our conversation several nights ago. I should've wrote it down that next morning. I just know I was apparently talking about car parts, and practicing going potty. It was really weird because I remember talking to him. But I must've started talking before I realized what was going on and him talking back to me kinda woke me up enough to know I was talking but not to realize I wasn't making sense. I remember him laughing at me and telling me I didn't make sense and I assured him I was awake and knew what I was talking about! Kinda funny and just shows how much cars and potty was on my mind I guess.
I was going to post some pictures to go with this post but as I was trying to get them off my camera the battery on the camera died and needs to be charged. So, it'll have to wait. Check back!
Sunday, August 24, 2008
The Inevitable
Posted by Erin at 9:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Try ammonia; it stinks at first but really works. Don't mix it with other cleaners though.
Kim says: Wayne, from a former roommate, I totally understand. Erin is the craziest sleep talker in the world.
One night she proceeded to tell me how nice my dress looked on me. I was wearing pajamas.
That is funny. Maland talks in his sleep too. Yeah things are getting settled down but not because of the move. we are moving on Friday. I think we are good as of right now but i might take you up on that offer later. good job on the potty training. I wish that day was here for us.
Post a Comment