Friday, August 8, 2008

New house means new things!

Getting into a house brought up the need to acquire some new things. First off, we've been wanting to get Kenner a real bed but I put it off until we were in a home. So, that was one item of business we had to take care of (plus we needed the crib for Myer). And a new bed calls for some new sheets and a new comforter of course. So, I had some fun finding him some bedding. I saw a cute plaid set at Target. I noticed it while walking past the aisle one day but didn't take time to stop and look because I was with Wayne so figured I'd save it for another trip. So, I went back later for the set but while looking a bit more I came across another one that was kinda fun and had trucks and stuff on it. I guess I was being boring and not thinking what Kenner would honestly enjoy more so I bought the plaid one.

I brought it home and showed it to Kenner and he didn't pay much attention to it. I kept thinking about that other one at the store and couldn't get it out of my head. I kept debating, "oh should I go back and get that one instead or not? He won't know the difference." Well, I gave in and went back and got the trucks one. I brought it home and still had the other one so I put them both out for Kenner to see. He of course automatically went to the fun cars set and even started trying to open the package. It was a winner! I should've known better. So here it is, the cars comforter. I definitely have a long way to go in decorating his room but this helped add a bit of color and fun!








What a cheese ball!










I guess Kenner felt inspired to keep with the theme of his new room. After getting his bed made we found he had lined all his cars up in a row on top of this little box in his room.

Next up. . . . . a lawnmower! Now that we have a lawn we were kinda in need of a lawnmower. So, here it is, I feel so grown up owning a lawn mower!



Here Wayne is getting it all set up and ready to go and the first time mowing the lawn! Kenner has never been around such a thing so when Wayne started it up the first time it totally freaked him out!





And last of all, but probably more exciting then all of these, was my new set of "real" furniture. We got rid of the old hand me down family couch we had been using since we got married and replaced it with nice new leather furniture. Complete with a coffee table and two end tables. I don't really have a very good picture of it actually, but these pics kinda show it a little bit and are just some cute pics of the boys on it.



Another goofy expression from Kenner

Myer is fascinated with his hands. It is so cute to me!


Such a sweet little boy!

2 comments:

Kim Fisher said...

Hey Erin! Thanks for sending us your blog address. It's fun to see what you're up to. Congrats on the new house; that's so exciting! Great choice on the cars bed set. It's way cool! (much cooler than a boring old plaid one.)

Amy said...

Your boys are so cute Erin!! Your blog is fantastic! Thanks for all the posts, and congrats on all your grown-up items!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed